Domain Scams – Sample Complaint Letters
- Scam Alerts
- Make a Complaint Online
- Sample Complaint Letters
- Consumer Issues A – Z
- Download Consumer Leaflets
- The Consumer Council Can Help
- About Us
Sample Complaint Letters
How To Solve Your Problems
If you have a complaint against a trader or a credit company you may need to send a letter. Before you write make sure:
- You have a valid complaint.
- You have the correct name and address of the trader or the credit company.
- You have copies of any documents, receipts, guarantees or reports which you may need to send with your letter.
- Quote your reference or account number if you have one.
- Keep a copy of your letter.
- Don’t send original documents.
- Send your letter by recorded delivery.
- Write as soon as you can.
- If you don’t get a reply to your letter write again after a reasonable time, say 14 days.
Here are some examples of letters which should help you to sort out your complaint. You can use these to enter your own details and print off a copy for posting.