Domain Scams – Legislation
- Scam Alerts
- Make a Complaint Online
- Sample Complaint Letters
- Consumer Issues A – Z
- Download Consumer Leaflets
- The Consumer Council Can Help
- About Us
Home: Consumer Law :
Timeshare, Holiday Products, Resale and Exchange Regulations 2010
Under these regulations consumers have certain rights with regard to timeshare and holiday clubs.
Timeshare means buying the right to spend a set period in a holiday property each year.
Holiday clubs give you access to discounted accommodation and travel.
The regulations give you the following rights with respect to timeshare and holiday club contracts:
- a 14-day cooling off period during which the buyer can withdraw from the contract without penalty
- the seller cannot ask for, or accept, any money from the consumer during the cooling off period
- written information about the contract in your preferred language
- written notice of the right to cancel the contract and a cancellation form.
These rules apply if you enter a contract for timeshare or a holiday club anywhere in the European Economic Area, ie countries in the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.